Film Camps & Clubs
The mission of The Grand Cinema’s education programming is to grow and nurture the agency, critical thinking, technical skills, and expression of filmmakers, with a guiding focus to serve young, underserved emerging artists.
Our programs include film clubs, summer camps, and filmmaker workshops.
These opportunities connect youth ages 10-20+ with the art of film as a means to think critically and tell their own stories. Participants develop 21st Century Skills such as leadership, collaboration, and technological and technical skills.
TACOMA FILM CAMP SPONSORED BY TAPCO CREDIT UNION
Registration is available now; do not delay, film camp sessions tend to sell out early.
Save the Dates
- SOLD OUT - JUNE 25 - 29, 2018: Beginners Session 1, ages 10 - 14, 9 AM - 4 PM daily
- SOLD OUT - JULY 9 - 13, 2018: Beginners Session 2, ages 10 - 14, 9 AM - 4 PM daily
- JULY 23 - 27, 2018: Advanced* Session 3, ages 10-18, 9 AM - 4 PM daily
- SOLD OUT - JULY 30 - AUGUST 3, 2018, Advanced* Session 4, ages 10-18, 9 AM - 4 PM daily
- New! AUGUST 20 - 25, 2018, Grown Up Film Camp Session 5, ages 18+, 4 - 8 PM Monday - Friday, friends and family screening Saturday August 25, 10 AM. Need more information? Click here to learn more.
Film Camp Scholarships
WEEKLY FILM CAMP SCHEDULE
- MONDAY: Screenwriting and storyboard workshop with an exploration of storytelling through film.
- TUESDAY: Hands-on training for various aspects of filmmaking (how to use the digital camera, lighting, sound, etc.) Break into production teams and begin story development and pre-production.
- WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY: Continue filming and begin post-production and editing.
- FRIDAY: Complete post-production and, for youth camp only, share completed work with friends and family at a special screening including filmmaker Q&As and awards.
- SATURDAY (Grown Up Camp Only): Friends and Family screening including filmmaker Q&As and awards
Thank you to our Sponsor
Film Camp Staff
Other Educational Programs at The Grand
EDUCATION OUTREACH GOALS
- Support and guide the collaborative creation of film and digital media that shares underrepresented stories from aspiring and emerging filmmakers.
- Provide a safe and sustainable environment for emerging filmmakers where they can find support, opportunity, and an outlet for creative expression.
- Build and activate a network of professional and amateur filmmakers, partners, and businesses who support The Grand’s outreach and advocate for growing a filmmaking and production community and economy in Tacoma and Pierce County. .