Grown Up Film Camp
Join us for the first ever summer film camp for adults!
Based on our successful, production-based summer film camps for youth, we cater the experience of creating a film in a week to adults.
Save the Date
One week only:
AUGUST 20 - 25, 2018, Grown Up Film Camp (Session 5), ages 18+, 4 - 8 PM Monday - Friday, friends and family screening Saturday August 25, 10 AM
What to Expect
The daily schedule for Grown Up Film Camp is 4 - 8 PM Monday through Friday with a Friends & Family Screening Saturday at 10 AM. Since this is the first time we have hosted film camp for adults, we will be asking for significant feedback, ideas, and recommendations; thank you for being a part of a new program!
Just like youth film camp, grown up film camp is production focused: you will work in teams to create short films that you will then share with friends and family at a special screening. Because you are an adult, you will also have the opportunity to check out equipment for hours outside of the program in order to capture additional shots, add production value, etc.
Be prepared for an intergenerational experience, we anticipate "campers" will range from college students, working professionals, and seniors, bringing an incredible diversity of perspectives and experience to your film!
Weekly Camp Schedule
- MONDAY: Screenwriting and storyboard workshop with an exploration of storytelling through film.
- TUESDAY: Hands-on training for various aspects of filmmaking (how to use the digital camera, lighting, sound, etc.) Break into production teams and begin story development and pre-production.
- WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY: Continue filming and begin post-production and editing with Adobe Premiere Pro.
- FRIDAY: Complete post-production and editing
- SATURDAY AM: Friends and Family screening including filmmaker Q&As, awards, and mimosa toast (for those filmmakers of age and so inclined)!
Register for film camp on our Film Camp page here.
Further your learning
Looking for more ways to learn and connect with the South Sound's growing creative community? Check out Film In Tacoma and find ways to get involved.