Creative Ways To Support The Grand
Make your mark: support the independent film community and The Grand Cinema.
By structuring your financial or estate plan to include The Grand, a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit arts organization, you will be helping your community maintain access to independent film and expanding educational opportunities for future generations of film lovers and makers. A gift to The Grand can cost nothing during your lifetime. Anyone can make a gift, and it's easy.
GIFTS ANYONE CAN MAKE
- IRAs - inheritors of IRA accounts can lose a lot to taxes. Structuring your plan to include The Grand can significantly reduce tax impact on distributions from your IRA.
- IRA Required Minimum Distributions. If you are over 70.5 years old, you may be required to make a Required Minimum Distribution every year, regardless if you need the cashflow. You can redirect this RMD to The Grand, tax free. Try out this handy RMD calculator here
- Appreciated Stock - Have appreciated stock? Donate this instead of writing a check and avoid capital gains tax.
- Bequests - name a specific amount or share your will or trust and avoid capital gains and estate taxes.
"I give to The Grand Tacoma Cine Club d/b/a The Grand Cinema, a Washington nonprofit corporation, or its successor [insert here the exact dollar amount or percentage of will or trust]."
A Specific Bequest of a certain asset from your estate may be worded:
"I give to The Grand Tacoma Cine Club d/b/a The Grand Cinema, a Washington nonprofit corporation, or its successor [insert here a description of the particular property]."
A Residuary Bequest, after other bequests and expenses have been paid, may be worded:
"I give to The Grand Tacoma Cine Club d/b/a The Grand Cinema, a Washington nonprofit corporation, or its successor all [or a portion] of the rest, residue and remainder of my estate."
- Cash - writing a check or giving online will immediately reduce your taxable estate. It is also the easiest way to give!
TAX AND CONTACT INFORMATION:
Grand Tacoma Cine Club d/b/a The Grand Cinema
606 Fawcett Ave
Tacoma WA 98402
Donations to The Grand are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. Grand Tacoma Cine Club is registered under RCW 19.09. You may contact the Washington Secretary of State at 800.332.4483 or visit sos.wa.gov/charities for more information.
This website is intended to give general information about planned giving in connection with The Grand Cinema. It is not intended as professional financial or legal advice. Before making a gift to The Grand, you should consult with your financial and legal advisers to determine the best plan for you.
Use the form provided below to send an inquiry, or contact Wade Neal, Assistant Executive Director: 253-572-6062 ext 113; email@example.com