Parking at The Grand Cinema
Tacoma is growing, and parking downtown can be challenging at times. Peak times are 12-4pm on weekdays. Outside of those hours, parking is fairly plentiful and easy to find, especially on evenings, weekends and holidays.
Free parking is almost always there if you can walk a few blocks and you give yourself some time before the movie.
If you are physically able to walk a few blocks, please consider parking a bit further away from the theater and walking to help our fellow Grand lovers who need to park closer.
Here is our guide to get you parked!
PARKING LOTS NEAR THE GRAND
ACCESSIBLE STREET PARKING
Did you know that with a state-issued disabled parking placard or license plate/tabs, you can park in any public parking space, free, for unlimited periods of time? RCW 46.61.582.
FREE STREET PARKING OPTIONS
METERED STREET PARKING OPTIONS
PAID PARKING OPTIONS WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE
There are a number of parking areas with hourly/daily fees that are available within a short 4-10 minute walk of The Grand.
1. 178 St Helens Ave. The parking lot across from the Temple Theater and The Hub. About 4-5 minutes walk and almost always has plenty of spaces.
2. 438 Fawcett - Grand Cinema Member lot, $5 per year with current membership. Lot is available M-F 4:30 - 11pm, and all day Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays.
3. 738 and 759 Market Street. Just two blocks away - the lots near the Tacoma Municipal Building often have spots available.
4. 910 Market Street. This parking lot often has open spaces at peak weekday hours.
5. 940 Market St - Rhodes Garage. Often overlooked, this huge 550-space parking garage is open to the public and reasonably priced. Bring cash - the attendant leaves an envelope on your car and you pay when you leave.
6. 923 Commerce Street - Park Plaza North Garage. If you are planning a day in downtown, this lot is helpful. Right in the heart of the theater district, you can park in this central location, walk across Commerce on the skybridge to Broadway’s Theater on the Square and Pantages theater and walk about 5-10 minutes to get to The Grand.
7. 916 Broadway Street. Located across the street from the Pantages Theater and Theatre on the Square.
PAID PARKING LOT MAPS