Film Camp Mentors and Volunteers - Summer 2018
For our 2019 Summer Film Camp sessions, The Grand Cinema is seeking:
- Filmmaker Mentors ($15 an hour)
Filmmaker Mentors are responsible for leading a small group of campers through a week-long filmmaking session using film camp curriculum, as set by the Film Camp Lead Instructor.They are also responsible for the general safety and development, growth, and skill achievement of the participants in his/her group. They are assisted in the guidance and management of their group by a volunteer Production Assistant; all Mentors report to the camp’s Director and Assistant Director.
- Volunteer Production Assistants (volunteer, unpaid position)
Film Camp PAs are responsible for assisting Filmmaker Mentors, and maintaining a positive and supportive experience of participating youth. Mentors and PAs lead a group of five campers through a week-long filmmaking session using the provided film camp curriculum, as set by the Film Camp Lead Instructor.PAs are responsible for the general safety and skill achievement of the participants in their group. PAs report to their group Mentor, who reports to the Film Camp Director and Assistant Director. Read the full job description by clicking the link above.
Complete the application form linked above and here by April 26, 2019. Contact Katy with any questions.
Click the link above to learn more about Film Camp.
- Week 1 Beginners ages 10-14 - last week of June: Jun 24 - 28
- Week 2 beginners ages 10-14 - second week of July: Jul 8 - 12
- Week 3 Advanced All Ages (up to 18)- third week of July: Jul 22 - 26
- Week 4 Advanced All ages (up to 18)- 4th week of July into the beginning of Aug: Jul 29 - Aug 2
- M-F, 8:45 AM - 4:15 PM
- 20 campers, 5 in each team
- Along with each session, there is also a required orientation meeting in June.