The Favourite opens at The Grand Cinema on Friday, December 14. With a synopsis that begins with, "Early 18th century. England is at war with the French. Nevertheless, duck racing and pineapple eating are thriving," you might be wondering… what the heck is this film about? We're here to help you out.
What the heck The Favourite is about in 6 words, based on its trailer:
1. "queen baby gets new nanny, spanked"
2. "kindergarten scuffle causes lots of throwing"
3. "mud thrown, maid whacked, royalty diminished"
4. "queen employs new BFF, jealousy ensues"
5. "it's all about the pigeon blood"
6. "uncouth royal women in fancy dresses"
7. "historical royal games in courtly fashion"
8. "my kind of love triangle, tbh"
9. "I'm always ready for more Lanthimos"
10. "What's going on? I'm still confused"
Queen Anne's court awaits. See The Favourite at The Grand Cinema in downtown Tacoma starting Friday, December 14!