An industry networking & learning series
Thanks to the Tacoma Film Festival and 253 Film Competition we know our local filmmakers are hungry for professional development opportunities.
The Grand Cinema is committed to providing new and more opportunities for our local artists and industry professionals, so we established FILM IN TACOMA in late 2017, a networking and learning series made especially for our Tacoma and Northwest creators.
STAY UP TO DATE
Want to get announcements and information about Film In Tacoma events? Sign up here.
Join our Film In Tacoma Google Group; share pitches and projects, and look for help and resources.
RECOMMENDATIONS & NEXT STEPS
Read our full recommendations from our inaugural meet up. These ideas will guide our programming and professional development in 2018.
TAKE OUR SURVEY
We need to know the best ways we can help: what do you need to advance your work?
Take a minute to answer a few questions here.
Past Events and Findings
- August 23, 2017, 7 pm at The Grand Cinema - Inaugural Meet-up
- October 7, 2017 - Film in Tacoma Meet Up at the Tacoma Film Festival with The Uncode.
- January 11, 2018 - Preparing for the Sundance Film Festival
- February 1, 2018 - Post Sundance: What we Learned & What it Means for Tacoma
- May 11, 2018, 5 pm - 253 Short Film Party
- May 12, 2018, 10 am - 4 pm - The 253 Film Summit, a learning and networking opportunity for filmmakers and creative entrepreneurs hosted by Film In Tacoma, University of Washington Tacoma Film Club, and University of Washington Tacoma.
- October 4 - 11, 2018 - Workshops and panels at the Tacoma Film Festival in partnership with Seed&Spark, Smarthouse Creative, and others.