COVID-19 - PROOF OF VACCINE AND MASKS REQUIRED
Per Washington’s August 2021 mask mandate, masks are required for patrons of The Grand Cinema, whether they have been vaccinated or not. As of Friday, Sept. 3, we will also require proof of vaccination. We will continue with socially distanced seating for optimal safety. This means there will be one empty seat between groups of patrons that arrive together and the people around them.
Please know that the health and safety of our patrons, staff, and volunteers are our biggest priority. Our community still needs to take care and prevent further spread of the COVID-19 virus and its variants, below are the procedures we will continue to have in place to help protect our film-loving community. Thanks for supporting The Grand!
- *HIGHLY PREFERRED* Your CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card. Originals, copies, or photographs on a mobile device are acceptable.
- WA State Certificate of COVID-19 Vaccination. A convenient mobile copy of this is available at MyIRmobile.com or MyIR.net. (*IMPORTANT* we have noted some people do not yet have their data recorded on these sites run by the state of Washington. If you choose this method, please start your account and obtain your proof before arrival, or just bring your CDC card as above, which is preferred).
- Certificate of COVID-19 vaccination or Washington State Immunization Information System printout. (We only need COVID-19 vaccination information.)
- Image or copy of proof from your health care provider
- You may be asked for photo ID.
EXCEPTION FOR CHILDREN UNDER 12
We are not generally accepting negative tests for entry at this time. If you have a medical condition or bona fide, sincerely held religious belief that prevents providing proof of vaccination, you may enter with a negative COVID-19 test that shows a result within 48 hours of entry.
Screening for symptoms. Employees and volunteers are requested to self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms daily (fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, etc.). We ask that all patrons self-screen for symptoms prior to arrival as well. If you are ill, we ask that you stay home. If you need a refund for tickets already purchased, give us a call and our box office will be happy to assist.
Limit on seats. We are maintaining limits on seating per the distancing reserved seating system for the present. We hope to open seating up to 100% capacity in the near future, Depending on the auditorium size, that is a maximum of ~50-60 people per auditorium. Thank you for your understanding, as popular showtimes may fill up quicker than usual. Online tickets are highly recommended!
Take care to protect yourself:
- Consider if you are in a vulnerable group according to the Washington State Department of Health and CDC. Individuals who are ill or in a vulnerable group should consider to attend another time (and contact their health provider)
- Frequently wash hands for at least 20 seconds with warm water and avoid touching your face. Restrooms are available in both the main lobby and lower lobby areas for your use. Use a paper towel to turn off water and open and close doors
- Do not shake hands or elbow bump, waving works great!