Board of Directors
The Grand Cinema is a nonprofit; our strategic direction is guided and informed by a board of volunteer directors, representing our communities, who meet monthly.
The Grand's board comprises 13-17 members who help set policies, develop plans for the future, provide fiscal oversight, raise money, and advocate for the theater. (The board does not select films to be screened or involve itself in day-to-day operations.) Board members agree to serve a three-year term with the option of returning for a second term.
Every year members of The Grand Cinema vote on new and returning board candidates to serve. Per our bylaws: "the current board shall present to the membership a slate of candidates for board positions. Members will vote, with opportunity to comment, by ballot to approve or disapprove the entire slate."
The Grand Cinema current board of Directors roster
As approved by a member vote in March 2022
- Jamika Scott, President, Tacoma Action Collective
- Kari Plog, Vice President. KNKX Public Radio
- Ryan Ann Davis, Treasurer. Smarthouse Creative
- Tono Sablan, Secretary Grants and Contracts Administrator, Raikes Foundation
- Kaarin Austin, Director of Major and Planned Giving at KNKX Public Radio
- Nick Federici, Contract lobbyist
- Eric Henning, Mortgage Loan Officer, American Pacific Mortgage
- Whitney Henry-Lester, Audio Producer/Editor/Sound & Production Designer
- Sarah Jane Hoppe, Tacoma Art Museum
- Ellen Ito, Tacoma Art Museum
- Andrew Lewis-Lechner, Grants Officer, MultiCare Health
- David Long, Executive Director at Marine View Ventures
- Rosemary Ponnekanti, Public Information Officer at Metro Parks
- Serni Solidarios, University of Puget Sound
- Mike Webb, Chief of Staff to the Washington State Attorney General’s Office
- Chase Willett, Global Health Consultant