Board of Directors
The Grand Cinema is a nonprofit; our strategic direction is guided and informed by a board of volunteer directors, representing our communities, who meet monthly.
The Grand's board comprises 13-17 members who help set policies, develop plans for the future, provide fiscal oversight, raise money, and advocate for the theater. (The board does not select films to be screened or involve itself in day-to-day operations.) Board members agree to serve a three-year term with the option of returning for a second term.
Every year members of The Grand Cinema vote on new and returning board candidates to serve. Per our bylaws: "the current board shall present to the membership a slate of candidates for board positions. Members will vote, with opportunity to comment, by ballot to approve or disapprove the entire slate."
The Grand Cinema current board of Directors roster
As approved by a member vote in February 2019
- Jp Avila, Board Vice President, Pacific Lutheran University
- Anne Beatrice Baker
- Barry Benson, real estate broker
- Sean Patrick Burke, 222 Pictures
- Ryan Ann Davis, Smarthouse Creative
- Sue Dreier, Pierce Transit
- Ben Ferguson, Ferguson Architecture
- Jason Gamboa, Tacoma Apparel Co, eTc
- Hannah Gilmore, real estate broker
- Eric Henning, mortgage loan officer
- Andrew Lewis-Lechner
- David Long, Marine View Ventures
- Kari Plog, KNKX Public Radio
- Megan Pottorff, Board President, attorney at law
- Jamika Scott, Tacoma Action Collective
- Serni Solidarios, University of Puget Sound
- Dean Wilson, Board Secretary, veteran, community volunteer