The 253 Short Film Party
Date: Friday, May 10, 2019
Doors at 5:30PM | Movies at 7:00PM
This event is held at Urban Grace, 902 Market street, Downtown Tacoma (just blocks from The Grand Cinema)
TICKETS & ADMISSION
- Advance Tickets: $15 general admission, $13 members of The Grand Cinema
- Day-of Tickets: $18 general admission, $16 members of The Grand Cinema
- Audience Choice Voting: vote for the film you think is most deserving of the Audience Choice Award and cash prize
- Door Prizes: enter to win one of several giveaways simply by being at the event
- Local Eats: enjoy locally made pizza, desserts and snacks for purchase
- Local Drinks: snag a glass of beer or wine to wash down dinner
- Photo Booth: capture memories in an interactive photo booth with friends and filmmakers
Thank you to our sponsors!
Watch the films from 2018:
See the 2017 Winning Films:
Audience Choice: 4Real!
Jury Choice: Santa Service
Best Use of the line "Cut to the chase": 4Real!
Best Use of Element (Recycling): This is Tacoma
Best Use of Element (A sign): The Dreamweaver's Apprentice
Best Use of Element (A dream): Dream Police
Honorable Mention: Accidental Hero
Emerging Filmmaker: Poop Dreams - Nocturnal Planet (Kevin Wolford)
Audience Choice - Ye Olde (Mandatory) Talent Show! For All Subjects!
Jury Choice - Victory Points
Best Use of the Dialogue Line "A lot of people have it worse." - The Hand You’re Dealt
Best Use of Element (A discarded Item) - Ye Olde (Mandatory) Talent Show! For All Subjects!
Best Use of Element (A flashback) - Matthew
Best Use of Element (Public Art) - Wishful Thinking
SELECTIONS FROM 2016
Audience Choice - Gritity
Jury Choice (tie) - The Kings Cake & The Rehearsal (moins coude)
Best Use of the Dialogue Line:"That's All She Wrote" - Dusty River
Best Use of Element (A local business) - Food for Thought
Best Use of Element (an allergy) - No Delivery
Audience & Jury Choice - The Gentleman Chronologists
Best Use of Dialogue - Untimely Guest
Best Use of Foreign Language - Rhywbeth
SELECTIONS FROM 2014
SELECTIONS FROM 2013
Jury Choice & Best Use of Dialogue Line - S.O.S
Audience Choice - Put on a Rainbow
SELECTIONS FROM 2012
Jury Choice - Three Days or the Rope
Audience Choice - Esrever
Best Use of the Dialogue Line ("Is that legal?") - Larus
PAST EVENT COVERAGE
The Grand's event recap - "Seen at the 253 Short Film Party"
Weekly Volcano - "Frames per second"
TNT - "Filming 253 seconds in 72 hours for the Short Film Party"
CityLine TV - "253 Short Film Party"
Tacoma Weekly - "Things We Like: Film Party"