253 Short Film Competition
The 253 Short Film Competition welcomes emerging and established filmmakers of all ages to compete and create short films over a 72 hour period that will be celebrated with hundreds of people at a viewing party. The 2023 Short Film Competition will take place over a weekend in April, followed by a viewing party in May.
How it works:
- Register your team (or sign up as a solo filmmaker competitor) at The Grand's box office (only 31 teams can participate).
- All teams meet at The Grand to receive the year's four required criteria and the green light to begin filming.
- Teams have 72 hours to write, shoot, and edit a short film.
- Films must be no more than two-hundred and fifty-three seconds long (a nod to our area code).
- Films must incorporate all four required elements.
- Finalized projects are due at The Grand Cinema box office on the following Sunday night.
- Judges review all films to determine multiple awards.
- All submitted films are screened at the next 253 Short Film Party
- Prizes are awarded for Jury and Audience favorites.
Team registration fee: $50
What you get:
- Four tickets to the screening party
- Recognition at the screening party
- Visibility for your creation before an audience of several hundred people
- The opportunity to compete for the following additional recognition and prizes:
- Jury Award & $500 cash prize
- Audience Choice Award & $500 cash prize
- "Best Use" of one of the (4) required elements & $100 gift card to a local restaurant
- Best Emerging Filmmaker to a team/filmmaker participating for the first time
- Opportunities to win additional prizes when you share snippets of your filming progress on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #253Seconds