Back to Events
Aisle of Dogs - Special Dog Friendly Screening of Isle of Dogs
April 21st 9:45am - 11:26am
Bring your friendly, movie-loving dog to The Grand Cinema April 21 for a special, one-morning-only screening of Wes Anderson’s newest film ISLE OF DOGS. Dogs and their humans can hit the red carpet and photo booth, enjoy a free dog treat, and enter to win a door prize. Doors open at 9 AM, the film begins at 9:45 AM and at 9:50 AM.
Please bring your own blanket to drape over the movie theater chair that your dog will be sitting in. This will be a significant help for our volunteers/staff cleaning the theater and getting it ready for the next film screening.
Thank you for being kind and courteous to other dogs, our staff, and volunteers, we appreciate your help keeping our theater safe and clean. Please be prepared to help out should any of our dog friends experience an incident or accident.
ISLE OF DOGS
In post-apocalyptic Japan, an outbreak of canine flu leads the mayor of Megasaki City to banish all dogs to a garbage dump island. The outcasts embark on an epic journey when a 12-year-old boy arrives on the island searching for Spots, his beloved dog.
Dogs at the movies?! How will this work?
- We’re asking everyone to bring only well-behaved, movie-loving dogs for this one time only dog-friendly event.
- Every dog must be accompanied by one person.
- Dogs can enjoy the movie sitting next to you on the floor or in your lap if they are small enough.
- Dogs are not permitted to sit on the theater seats due to risk of accident or injury.
- If your dog is showing any signs of stress or agitation, please give them a break from being in the theater. There is a nice grassy patch in front of the cinema for leg stretches and fresh air.
Watch the film’s trailer, find additional (non-pet) showtimes for regular screenings, and more info.
Special Admission Pricing:
Doggy & me tickets: $16 (includes 1 human + 1 dog), $11 Grand Cinema member + dog
Humans without hounds: $8 ($5.50 Grand members)
Special thanks to Good Citizen Dog for helping make this special event possible!